The Direction I hope to Take Our Blog.

Hi, my friends. Hope that this finds you well. For some time, I have been thinking about what direction I would like to take our blog. Where is our niche? What would we like to do with this space?

As I have gotten more involved in the "maker world", I knew that incorporating more of the "maker world" into my blog, was the direction I was heading towards. I love supporting other small handmade shops. So I started a regular activity on Friday on Instagram that encourages other small shops to follow each other. It is called "Follow Friday". This is where we started out and then I had the idea from another maker, Emma at Double Stitch Creations, to have a contest to win a feature on my Instagram Feed. So a few weeks ago I began this endeavor. Shortly after starting these features on my feed I thought what better way to share small shops than featuring them here on this blog. Who wouldn't love to "Meet the Maker" behind the small shops? From the winners of my "Follow Friday" each week I began offering up the option to be featured on our blog.

So here we are. I have done three features so far if you would like to go back and check them out, please do. I am now creating a schedule of some new shops to feature each week. Not all of the details are worked out yet, but I am really excited for this endeavor. Those in these small shops have great interesting stories to share and I just can't wait to introduce them to you all. Maybe you will find some handmade goodies you would like to buy in the process.

If you know any small shops out there looking for new and fun ways to promote their shop, point them our way. Our Insta feed is Instagram.com/mtnittanycreations

We will continue on with our craft challenges on a seasonal basis. The next one will be the Christmas in July Craft Challenge. So stay tuned for upcoming details.

Also, this Spring our small shop Mt Nittany Creations will be at two craft shows. Pixie Dust Wishes Sunday, April 23, 2-4pm at St Joseph's Catholic Academy in Boalsburg. And, Crafty Mama's of Centre County Saturday, May 13 9 am- 1 pm at Trinity Lutheran Church, 2221 North Oak Lane, State College, PA 16803.
Come out and visit our booth, it would be great to meet you in person.





No comments:

Post a Comment

March '24 Potomac Beads Treasure Box Unboxing

Hi Friends, How are you? I hope well!! Here is my latest unboxing video for my potomac beads Treasure edition box subscription! Check it out...