Meet the Maker: Rebecca Hang


How is your springtime going? Have you done any fun springtime activities? We have done some yard work and are now on a staycation, enjoying family time.

I am super excited to continue on with our series "Meet the Maker"! 

Today's Meet the Maker is Rebecca Hang from Ava and Ari. It is so fun to learn more about the people behind the small shops. When you buy from them, you are truly investing in their lives. It is such a different experience from buying something at a big box shop. It's not only a quality product but so much heart is put into making each piece. I have heard it said that each time you buy from a small shop, the owner does a happy dance. Let's get to know Rebecca.
Rebecca is from and continues to live in lovely California. She has been crafting since she was old enough to talk. She told me that "I always wanted to be a fashion designer or an artist." Rebecca mentioned her family didn't have much growing up but one of her fondest memories was designing her sister a dress out of wallpaper samples. Rebecca's remembers the dress "was not comfortable but mind you, it looked amazing." ;-)

I asked Rebecca what drew her to a particular craft or what inspired her, she shared: "An idea just popped into my head one day and I went with it. I don't overthink I just do. Unlike many people who can choose one task and say that's what I'll do, that's what it'll look like and then do that... I am the kind of girl who would sit in an art class and begin sculpting a flower but eventually have it turn into some type of crazy detailed sea monster. I like to let my imagination take over and lead me. I don't want to limit myself."

Amazingly this talented lady only started selling online about one month ago. She was drawn to sell online because there were so many other makers who inspired her and encouraged her to do so. She told me "I was painting the dolls and giving them away because I loved doing it and kept getting asked why I wasn't selling them, and so it was begun." We are certainly glad that you have begun this new adventure, Rebecca.

What hopes does she have for her business in the future? Rebecca says, "I'd love to be able to quit my day job one day and do this full time. It's always been a dream of mine to do something I loved and make money doing it. Most importantly though I hope to continue to make unique pieces that people love and slowly add more items to my shop. I have tons of wild ideas." Rebecca, we can't wait to see some of these wild ideas you have in the future.

Rebecca has a hard time picking out what her favorite piece has been; "I put so much time and detail into each doll and every doll is unique. At the moment though I'm getting to ready to launch my new line of mommy and me dolls which I'm pretty excited about. Those may be my favorite yet."

One thing she would love to share with others who are considering going into the handmade business, "Try it, you may just love it. I'm still sitting here wondering why I waited so long. It really brings me so much joy."

I am so glad that it brings you so much joy, Rebecca. I can't wait to see some of these wild ideas you have brewing and your next adventure of  "Mommy and Me" dolls you are working on.

Mommy and Me
Head over to these links to find Rebeccas' shop instagram.com/ava.and.ari.shop/ and her brand rep account for her kids instagram.com/ava_and_ari



No comments:

Post a Comment

March '24 Potomac Beads Treasure Box Unboxing

Hi Friends, How are you? I hope well!! Here is my latest unboxing video for my potomac beads Treasure edition box subscription! Check it out...