Meet the Maker: Amelia Maupin from Crafty Lia Shop



Hi, friends. How are you? How was your weekend? Are you ready for the eclipse today? I am excited to see this phenomenon.

Are you a small shop? Or do you know a small shop that I should interview or do a product review for? Comment below, email me or fill out my typeform. We also offer features on our Instagram feed.

It is time for another Meet the Maker. Today, I will be sharing with you, my interview with Amelia from Crafty Lia Shop.

Where are you from?
I was born in Indonesia but raised in New York. My family moved to the states when I was 3 yrs old.
Where do you live now? Duluth, GA
Cool.
How long have you been crafting? about 6 years
What drew you to sewing or what inspired you? I started sewing when my mother in law bought me a sewing machine our first Christmas as a married couple.
I did not know what I was doing so I started watching You Tube, a lot of You Tube!! The more I watched and practiced, the more I got better at sewing a straight line! and making stuff, like pillowcases, bags, and zipper pouches. I also started making makeup rolls and recently have been inspired to make crayons and pencil rolls-- those 3 are the focus of my shop right now. I was inspired to make the pencil rolls when I was praying about my goals for this year. I wanted to get into the bible more and I thought why not bible journaling/coloring. I decided to get some bible verse coloring books and some color pencils-- before long, I had pencils everywhere and I always had to search for the colors I wanted to use. So, I thought why not make a pencil roll-- like my makeup roll but instead for my pencils-- that way it'll all stay in one place, easy to carry, travel with, and absolutely easier to find the colors I wanted!! I call it coloring God's word with my pencil rolls. This is really cool how you got started. I will be needing some more pencil rolls soon.

When did you start selling online? 12/2012

And What drew you to sell online? My husband and my family encouraged me to sell some of my items that I made as a hobby.
They believed in me and supported me. That is great. It is really good to have people to believe in you.

What hopes do you have for your business in the future? I hope to further my small shop and be able to support my little one in the future. My husband is the only one that works and I'm a stay at home mom. This is a great hope and goal.

What is your most favorite piece that you have made? I love my makeup roll and pencil roll. Not only is it a great organizer but it's so easy to travel with!
This is really great. Such diversity and great usefulness.

What is one thing you would love to share with others who are considering going into the handmade business? Starting your handmade business is a very slow process, you have to be patient and get social media awareness, whether it's through Facebook, IG, Pinterest, etc. I've also learned to use hashtags, lots of hashtags! Having one sale per day is a goal, but actually having one sale any day is a blessing! This is so true. Thanks for sharing.

You can find Amelia online at these locations:
instagram.com/craftyliashop
etsy.com/shop/CraftyLia/
facebook.com/CraftyLia/



No comments:

Post a Comment

March '24 Potomac Beads Treasure Box Unboxing

Hi Friends, How are you? I hope well!! Here is my latest unboxing video for my potomac beads Treasure edition box subscription! Check it out...