Meet the Maker: Jann Gam of Jeg by the Sea


Hi, Friends. How was your week? Welcome to the weekend. We attempted to start our first full week back to homeschool this week. It went okay between illness, lice, and life, we got through some of it. What fun things did you do this week and what do you have planned for the weekend?

I hope you are enjoying our Meet the Maker series as much as I am. Are you a maker or do you know a maker that I should meet and interview? Comment below or send me an email.

Today's Meet the Maker is Jann Gam from Jeg by the Sea and she will be taking over our blog for today. Without further ado here's Jann.


Hi, I am Jann. I was born and raised in Northern California, on the Pacific coast. Even though I’ve moved a few times and am now far from my homeland, I believe I will always consider myself a Pacific NW’erner at heart. I now live in Palm Coast, in NE Florida, near the Atlantic ocean; it's between St. Augustine and Daytona Beach. My husband and I had been land-locked for over 20 years, so when he retired (we were in So. Dakota), we both agreed we wanted to be near an ocean when we left the long, cold winters behind.


I began making jewelry about 16 months ago. I took a class at Michael’s to create a bracelet. It was just me and the class instructor; I had her to myself! I hadn’t been doing anything creative for quite awhile and really wanted and needed to find an outlet. During an annual visit back home in No. Calif. to see family, my sister and I went into a bead shop where they help you make your own jewelry. I was definitely inspired by that visit! I chose to make jewelry with a touch of the sea in each piece. The sights, sounds, smells, and feel of the ocean and sand are my spiritual touch stone. Always.


I began selling online about a year ago; I have mainly been selling in a beach lovers’ buying/selling group on Facebook. I do have an Etsy shop and a page on Facebook. But the FB selling group has been the most successful by far, for me.
Selling online just seemed like the natural way to go; I love having a home office and working from there!


In the future, I hope to become more involved with building up my Etsy shop and building a stronger customer base. My most favorite piece I made was a triple-strand bracelet with turquoise, black, and silver-tone beads; I consider the tri-strand bracelet my “signature” piece but and this one was especially pretty to me.

To those of you who are interested in starting a small shop view your trial-and-error moments as a positive, learning experience! It’s a wonderful thing to create and sell, but it requires a learning curve. It’s unrealistic to think you can set everything up perfectly right away. Be kind to yourself as you learn.

Thanks Jann for sharing about yourself. It is really great to meet you.

You can find Jann online at the following locations:
https://www.Etsy.com/shop/jegbythesea
https://www.instagram.com/jegbythesea
https://www.facebook.com/jegbythesea

No comments:

Post a Comment

March '24 Potomac Beads Treasure Box Unboxing

Hi Friends, How are you? I hope well!! Here is my latest unboxing video for my potomac beads Treasure edition box subscription! Check it out...