Meet the Maker: Rachel McDove from Baldy Knits and Bits.


Hi, friends. How are you? Did you have a nice weekend? What fun things did you do this weekend? Our church had a yard sale, so that took up a lot of our families time. Today we are starting our new homeschool year. Where has the summer gone?

I am excited to introduce you to another maker. Today's interview is with Rachel McDove from Baldy Knits and Bits. I hope you enjoy getting to know her as much as I have. Have a great Monday.
Hi, Rachel. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?
I grew up in Shetland but live in North Berwick now.

Tell us when did you learn to knit?
I learned to knit in primary school in Shetland and have been teaching myself various other crafts for years now too.
That is really cool.

What drew you to crafting?
I was drawn to a life of crafting because I love to create and it's a good job for an introvert!
That is so fun. It is a good job for an introvert.

When did you start selling online and what brought you to sell online?
I started selling online about 5 years ago now.;
Again it's mostly because of being an introvert with anxiety that I was drawn to selling online. It allows me to sell my work without the anxiety!
That is great you found a way to sell your creations without anxiety.

What hopes do you have for the future of your business?
I hope that in the future I will be able to start doing more stalls and in person sales!
That's a great goal.

What has been your favorite piece you have made so far?
My favorite thing(s) to make is the monster tea cozies, they're so fun to make and all my own designs. I'm very proud of them!
These are really fun and how exciting that it is your own design.

What advice do you have for those going into the business?
Just go for it! You can do it as a supplement to a day job or even do it full time. You get to be your own boss, take life at your own pace and connect with incredibly talented and lovely people through sites like Insta and FB.
This is great advice.

Thanks so much for featuring me and my work!
You are very welcome.


You can find Rachel online at the following locations:

No comments:

Post a Comment

March '24 Potomac Beads Treasure Box Unboxing

Hi Friends, How are you? I hope well!! Here is my latest unboxing video for my potomac beads Treasure edition box subscription! Check it out...