Meet the Maker: Allison Mims from Lentil Designs


Hi, my sweet friends. How are you? How has your week been? Can't believe that it is Friday again. Where has the week gone? Are you ready for another fun maker interview? I am so excited to introduce you to Allison Mims from Lentil Designs. Have a great weekend.

Where are you from and where do you live now?
Marietta, GA, and Cumming, GA

How long have you been crafting?
My whole life! My mom was always doing crafts with us when we were little. Today, I love doing them with my own kids. I had such a passion for art that I studied graphic design in college and got a BFA in Graphic Design.
What an awesome gift your mom gave you and that you are now passing on to your children.

What drew you to making jewelry or what inspired you?
My three children! After bedtime and now when they are in school, I would have this urge to express my ideas and designs into something. I loved the comforting aspect of creating something small with my hands and then the excitement of coming up with new designs and color combinations. What a wonderful blessing it sounds like your jewelry has become for you. That's great.

When did you start selling online?
May 2016 is when I first opened my Etsy shop. It was very slow at first and I started to get discouraged, but I dug in and kept promoting and advertising the shop. Finally 6 months later, sales started picking up around the holidays. It is hard at first. Certainly not easy sometimes.

And What drew you to sell online?
I loved the idea of reaching customers from all over the country. Also having the online shop allowed me to create when I had the free time in my busy schedule with my children. It works with my schedule and I'm still flexing my creative muscles! Win Win! That is a win win situation.

What hopes do you have for your business in the future?
SUCCESS! Continue learning the ins and outs of running a small business and growing. Currently, I'd like to explore other products to include in the shop such as necklaces, cuffs, and bracelets. Long term goals are to eventually branch out to sell Wholesale. These are some really great goals. I hope they work out for you.

What is your most favorite piece that you have made?
My first earring, the Braided Basketweave Teardrop, It's unique texture and neutral color goes with everything!Sounds like a great piece.

What is one thing you would love to share with others who are considering going into the handmade business?
Take the leap! Art and Beauty are so subjective. You never know who will love your little idea or designs. It's so rewarding and fulfilling seeing your designs appreciated and purchased by others. Don't get discouraged, keep trying and don't give up. Start out small. Try craft shows. Get a strong social media presence. Sell to friends and family. Slow and steady wins the race. Thanks for sharing such great advice.

Wow, this was fun! Thanks for the love, and for this wonderful opportunity and feature. I am so glad you enjoyed doing this. I wish you all the best. And you are welcome. It has been my pleasure to help care for you and support you,

Social media:
Etsy: www.lentildesigns.etsy.com
Instagram: lentildesigns
Facebook: @lentildesigns
Twitter: @lentildesigns


No comments:

Post a Comment

March '24 Potomac Beads Treasure Box Unboxing

Hi Friends, How are you? I hope well!! Here is my latest unboxing video for my potomac beads Treasure edition box subscription! Check it out...