Meet the Maker: Lydia Gowara from By Grace Gift Shop and Day 3 of our Craft challenge.


Hi, friends. Happy Monday! How are you? What did you do over the weekend? Do you have any special plans for the Fourth of July? Our oldest daughter is returning from Texas today and I can't wait to see her again.

Our annual 25 days of Christmas in July craft challenge has started! Make sure you check out the posts of what is happening. Today's challenge is finish up a previous craft, choose your own craft or choose a coloring page to color from The Quiet Grove and share on our Facebook page or in the comment section below!

If you are a maker or know of a handmade shop that I should interview please leave a comment below or email me.

Today's Meet the Maker interview is with Lydia from the By Grace Gift Shop. I am very excited to introduce you to her.


Hi, Lydia. Tell me about yourself. Where are you from and where do you live now?
I'm from Indonesia & now I live in Jakarta, the capital city. I have lived there all my life, but I love traveling around the world. That's neat. I love traveling as well.

How long have you been crafting and what inspired you to start?
I have been crafting, I think almost all of my life...thank GOD for giving me this talent. I love art and craft. I love doing an origami and other creative things, also painting by hands when I was a very little girl. My favorite subject when I'm at school is art and craft.

I remember my lovely passed away Daddy always bought us ( me and my 2 big sisters) 1 or 2 boxes of paper per month (1 box contain 500 sheets) because we love drawing and designing...and usually it finished so fast, before 1 month. That is so fun how much your father supported your love of drawing and designing.

What type of crafting do you enjoy?
I can't say what is my favorite type of craft because I love them all...I'm a moody craft person, sometimes I want sewing something, and then I want to draw or doodle, and the other day I like making wire jewelry or cards...and so on. You do love doing a variety of crafts.

What inspires you in your crafting?
I inspired by people around me, nature and environment to start crafting. I also inspired by the Bible. Sometimes the idea just pop up in my head, then I make it. That is neat how you are inspired by people, nature and the Bible.

When did you start selling online, tell me more about that?
I start selling online first time in 2010, but then it stops....It's up and down through the hard times in my life. When I move on in 2014, I try harder to make it work! I want my life useful and my talent can glorify GOD. I'm not always selling, regularly I give it to people who need it. That is great you want to glorify God, I hope to do that too and that you give to people in need. That is such a blessing.

What do you hope for the future?
I hope my business is doing well and growth. My dream that someday this business can helping other people so that they can grow together with me and continue helping others and so on. That's a great vision for how to use your business.

What is your favorite piece you have made?
I love all of my creations, because I made it with heart and love, I can't say which is the most favorite piece. That is understandable.

What advice would you give to those starting out?
I wanna say, don't be afraid to start, take the first step, it's ok if it a small step. Dare to dream big and reach that dream! Oh and the most important thing, keep the faith! This is true. Thank you for sharing yourself, Lydia. I wish you all the best with your shop.

You can find Lydia on line at the following locations:

Instagram: instagram.com/lygowara
Facebook: Lydia Gowara

No comments:

Post a Comment

March '24 Potomac Beads Treasure Box Unboxing

Hi Friends, How are you? I hope well!! Here is my latest unboxing video for my potomac beads Treasure edition box subscription! Check it out...