Meet the Maker: Karey Bitney from Karried Astray


Karey Bitney
Hello, Friends. Happy Friday! How has your week been? Ours has been fairly busy. One of the fun things we did this week was a field day for my three oldest children. We had some great sunny weather with a breeze to help keep us cool.

If you are a small shop and you would like to be featured in our series Meet the Maker, please email me to inquire.

I look forward to Friday's and our Follow Friday activity on my Instagram feed. Karey was a winner of one of our free feature giveaways.  I am so excited that she won. Not only does she have an awesome small shop but she is one of my dear maker friends whom I have met online. I have been truly blessed by her friendship in the maker community.

Karey is from San Pedro, California and currently lives in Reno, Nevada. She has been crafting on and off for years. She has done all kinds of things from paper mache to painting murals on walls.

Karey what drew you to your particular craft or inspired you to start crafting?
"Sewing is one of my passions along with other crafts and one year my youngest daughter who was 6 yrs old at the time, designed a dress on drawing paper and I made her dream come true for Christmas that year by sewing her designed dress. The first bag I made was crocheted with yarn and lined with fabric. Sometime in 2014, I found a Facebook group called Swoon pattern group and sewed my first cross body bag. I really loved cutting, ironing, sewing, and birthing the bags and watching them come to life. "

Karey started selling online in September of 2015.  What drew you to start selling online? 
"You can't buy unique, colorful pattern fabric purses, stores mostly just have solid color bags. I had sold bags to friends and family and thought the public would love to have one-of-a-kind handbags for themselves."

What hopes do you have for your business in the future? 
"I am hoping to offer different designs of handbags and bag sewing kits." That sounds really cool. I would love to try one of those kits when you start selling them.

What is your favorite piece that you have made?
"They are all my favorite but currently there is a bag I design named Nikki, and it's a cross body bag. I have a new item coming soon, which is a wine bag :)( I don't have a name yet) which will be my new favorite."

What is one thing you would love to share with others who are considering going into the handmade business?
"Don't quit, work hard and learn everything about SEO and advertising."

So very true. Thanks for sharing Karey. I wish you all the best with your adorable bags.

You can find Karey's adorable bags online at these locations:
Instagram: @karriedastray
Facebook: Karried Astray
Etsy: Karried Astray
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHUbE3jmJMg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pBro4yMX2g





No comments:

Post a Comment

March '24 Potomac Beads Treasure Box Unboxing

Hi Friends, How are you? I hope well!! Here is my latest unboxing video for my potomac beads Treasure edition box subscription! Check it out...