Meet the Maker: Kimberly Michele from Tater Nooney


Hello, Friends. How are you? I hope that this finds you well. We had some lovely weather this week. So we had lots of fun walking to the Post Office to mail off Happy Mail and to pick it up! My youngest loves to pick flowers and sticks and rocks and then gift them to the mailman. What have you done this week?

It's time for another post in our fun Meet the Maker Series! I am having so much fun sharing these makers with all of you. I hope that you are enjoying meeting them. If you would like to be featured email me at mtnittanycreations@gmail.com or join in on our #followfriday feature giveaway on Instagram.

Today, I am introducing you to Kimberly from Tater Nooney. She hails originally from Georgia but is currently living in Kansas. She has been there for a little less than a year.

Tell me, Kimberly, How long have you been crafting and what got you started?
I have been crafting since I was about 10 years old.
I started crafting when I spent my summers with my grandmother in Ohio. I learned to make my first pair of beaded earrings. It was something so simple but I was proud I made them. I still remember exactly what they look like and I think I have them around here somewhere. What a fun memory. If you find them I would love to see a picture of those earrings.

What inspires you about beading?
One of the things that really drew me into beads was that I could create anything. Beading is not one dimensional, the sky is the limit to what you can make. My family is the big inspiration behind everything I do. The pieces that have names, they are named after the strong women in my life as well as other strong women I meet along the way. I have two kids and I would love to show them and others you can do and be anything you put your mind too. Don't get me wrong it is hard work but doing something different and that you love is okay.What a great legacy you would like to leave your kids.

Kimberly when did you start selling online and Why?
I started selling online at the end of October 2016.
One of the biggest reasons I decided to sell online was it allowed me to be able to spend more time with family and it is nice to get them involved in the process. My wonderful daughter is my neck model, my son helps with all the IT, and my husband helps with picking colors and keeping my head on straight. But I also love that it allows for me to meet wonderful talented people from everywhere.
That's great that the whole family is involved. We have that in our business as well and it is such a blessing and a joy to work with all of them.

What do you hope for from your business?
My hopes for the future of my business is hard, the easy answer would be that it is successful but I want more than that. I want to be able to help charities that are very close to my heart like Breast cancer and Alzheimer's which affects many women and many in my family. Also, I want to leave something for my children to be proud of. Wow, that is really neat that you want to be able to donate to charities. What a blessing. Also, that is great you want to leave something for your children. How neat.

What is your most favorite piece that you have made?
My most favorite piece...Hard!!! They all have such a special meeting or back story so every time I make something new it becomes my favorite! Corny I know.
Not Corny at all. That is very sweet.

What advice would you give to others looking to go into the crafting business?
Love what you do, hard work, and persistence!! Nothing happens over night but if you love what you do it will show in your work and others will see that.
That is so true.

Thank you again so much for this opportunity. I think this is wonderful and please continue with your amazing work.


Thank you so much for sharing Kimberly and for your kind words. It has been so neat to get to know you better. I wish you all the best with your business.


website:www.etsy.com/shop/taterandnooney
Instagram:taterandnooney



More Info Coming Soon! Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

March '24 Potomac Beads Treasure Box Unboxing

Hi Friends, How are you? I hope well!! Here is my latest unboxing video for my potomac beads Treasure edition box subscription! Check it out...