Meet the Maker: Peggy from Peg and Mo




How was your weekend? Did you do any fun crafting or yard work? It was pretty yucky weather here so we weren't outside much. Today, I have the special privilege of introducing you to another maker. Her name is Peggy and she is the founder and maker of the small shop Peg and Mo.
Peg and her husband Mo.
Peggy was born and raised in Ontario, Canada. She continues to live in Ontario and her family goes back several generations. How cool is that?

Peggy has been crafting all of her life or as she puts it "it feels like it." Peggy told us "I have always been a person who colored as a child. I learned how to crochet and knit from my mom." What a blessing to learn these skills from your mom.
When Peggy was 15, she started to learn how to sew clothes. After learning how to sew clothes she learned how to sew quilts and home decor items. Peggy shares this with us about sewing " I love sewing and creating things. I especially like smaller projects as they are easier to carry with you. I also have a huge love for fabric and working with wool felt." How fun is this?

She recently started selling online. For the last 19 years and still counting, Peggy and her husband own an online non-creative business. She is blessed to learn a lot about owning a business through this experience. 

When asked what she likes about selling online, Peggy shared this "I love the convenience of selling on-line. No line-ups, it's easy and
less expensive than a brick and mortar." This is true, thanks for sharing Peggy.


I asked Peggy about her future hopes for her business. She shared "I hope to build my business to the point where I can retire from our other business and work in this full-time. I would also like to be published in Where WomenCreate Magazine." These are great goals, Peggy. Please share with us if you do get published.

Peggy's favorite item she sells is her wool felt garland/vines. She told me that "They are fun and creative and look so pretty when they are displayed." I can attest, they truly are very pretty.
When asked what advice she would offer to others wanting to start a small business online, Peggy shared "I would say that whether it is a creative business or you sell widgets for a living. Business is Business. You need to treat it as such. Listen to the ones who have come before you and learn as much as you can. It is
not always going to be easy, but as I tell myself sometimes "what is the
alternative". Have fun, enjoy it and share your wisdom." This is sage advice, thank you, Peggy.


To find Peggy and her sweet shop online follow one of these links: https://www.instagram.com/peg_and_mo/
https://www.pinterest.com/pegandmo/pins/
https://twitter.com/PegandMo
https://www.facebook.com/pegandmo
https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/peg-mo-14851427
http://pegandmo.com/shop
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

March '24 Potomac Beads Treasure Box Unboxing

Hi Friends, How are you? I hope well!! Here is my latest unboxing video for my potomac beads Treasure edition box subscription! Check it out...