Meet the Maker: Anna Fortune from Beads for Seads


Hi, friends! How has your week been? Happy Friday! Hope this finds you well. We have been working hard on finishing up our homeschool year with putting together a portfolio and then having our evaluations on Thursday. Yay for summer being here.

What plans do you have for summer? Any craft projects you will be working on? If you would like on July 1-25, we will be having our 2nd Annual Christmas in July Crafting Challenge. Come join us here and on Facebook to participate.

I have the pleasure of introducing you to another great maker from our Follow Friday feature giveaway. Meet Anna Fortune from Beads for Seeds.


Anna was born in California and has lived in most states on the way to the east coast. She calls Wilmington NC home now. I have always wanted to be near the ocean and Wilmington is a beautiful little historic, coastal town. 

Anna tell us about your crafting experiences?I have been crafting in some form since I can remember. I would go gather scraps of wood and flowers, I tried making mud beads when I was little.

That is really interesting.
How did you end up in the jewelry business?
How I ended up making jewelry as a business is kind of funny. About 20 years ago I traded a vacuum ( a rainbow) for my sister and her husband's craft jewelry business, We were both pretty happy. I had put it on hold for a number of years with work and kids, but I always yearned to be doing it again. I have been blessed with the people in my life, and opportunities that have made this possible.
When did you start selling online?
Back when I had my first business, Internet was brand new, I just started selling online this time and it has been almost a year.
Selling online is such a great way to find community. Connecting with people all over that share the same ideas and values, people that I would never have had the chance to meet in person.

What do you hope for the future of your business?
My hope for the future is that I can be successful enough, to make a difference in my community, and hopefully many more. 

What is your favorite piece you have made?
Having to pick one, I think it would be my elephant palm necklace which is very simple, but I love elephants, so it has an extra soft spot.

For those starting out, what advice would you give them?
Wow! There is so much, don't get discouraged, keep doing what you love because it will show.

Thank you for sharing Anna. I wish you all the best in your jewelry business.

You can find Anna at the following web locations:
Webpage: https://www.beadsforseeds.com/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/beadsforseeds/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/beads4seeds/
Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BeadsForSeedsShop




No comments:

Post a Comment

March '24 Potomac Beads Treasure Box Unboxing

Hi Friends, How are you? I hope well!! Here is my latest unboxing video for my potomac beads Treasure edition box subscription! Check it out...