Meet the Maker: Jess Fagot from The Coffee is Brewing



Hello, again friends! It's that time of week again where we have the special privilege to interview a maker and introduce them to you. This week, we are introducing you to Jess Fagot from The Coffee is Brewing. Enjoy her story and her really cute wreaths. If you would like a blog feature in our Meet the Maker series either, email us or join in on our Follow Friday feature giveaways. Have a great week.

Without further ado let's Meet the Maker, Jess Fagot!


Where are you from?
I grew up from birth until college in a beautiful town in Colorado. The mountains became a huge part of my creative inspiration and I spent hours out in the wilderness. There is nothing quite like a cup of coffee and campfire in the middle of nowhere.That sounds lovely. I love nature too. We live on the side of a mountain.

Where do you live now?
My husband is currently in graduate school at the University of Florida. He just finished his first year and has two more to go before he finishes! We love it here (although it’s super different from Colorado!) and there is a huge appreciation for the arts in this community. We are falling in love with the people here. That's great.

How long have you been crafting? I have been crafting off and on for about five years but really jumped into it earlier this spring during my maternity leave after giving birth to my son. That's neat.

What drew you to your particular craft or what inspired you?
I began to take a good hard look at the people around me and I realized I did not want to be where my coworkers were in five years. I wanted something more. I didn’t want to settle with just paying bills and dying. So, I quit my full-time job (which is a big deal because we are a one income family) and gave my homemade wreath shop everything I had. I believe in the power of home and the importance of creating a place where people feel safe and loved. A wreath is a statement piece that invites someone in and it was so special to me to craft something that said that. How exciting that you want to help build a place where people feel safe and loved through your wreaths. I am sure that passion shines through in what you make.

When did you start selling on-line?
I started selling online in February!Oh Wow so super new to it all.

And What drew you to sell on-line?
I did a little craft fair here in town and realized how much better it would be to promote online because of the vast target market. I had to do a lot of research for how to ship, how to market, etc but it has been super worth it. That's great.

What hopes do you have for your business in the future?
I am continuing to grow this little shop and I am excited mostly for all the people I will meet. I take pride and care to hand wrap every single wreath that goes out and it is such a special moment for me. I am so grateful for the opportunity to do this. I am sure it's a special moment for your customers too.
What is your most favorite piece that you have made?
Gosh - that is hard. I think my favorite wreath was a wildflower wreath…. It had flowers peeping out of all the grapevine and it made me think of Colorado. Sounds lovely.
What is one thing you would love to share with others who are considering going into the handmade business?
Today is the perfect day to start! We can make lists and analyze them to the point that they lose their magic. Take one small step at a time and move forward slowly. Slow is good. Dreaming is good. You only have one precious life — how do you want to use it? So True.

You can find Jess on the web at the following links:
Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/thecoffeeisbrewing/
ETSY:https://www.etsy.com/shop/thecoffeeisbrewing
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/thecoffeeisbrewing/

Don't forget to come and join us here on our blog and in our Facebook group for our 2nd Annual Christmas in July Craft Challenge starting July 1.



No comments:

Post a Comment

March '24 Potomac Beads Treasure Box Unboxing

Hi Friends, How are you? I hope well!! Here is my latest unboxing video for my potomac beads Treasure edition box subscription! Check it out...