How I chill! Blog-tember challenge day 16!

Today Bailey blog asks us answering the question "How do you de-stress/take care of yourself?"
There are several things that I do to de-stress/take care of myself:

1. I love going to the local cafe in our little town and just sit in the corner comfy seat with my feet up and read my Bible and/or a book, pray and catch up on my on-line to do's. Of course, I sip my cup of tea. They have a wonderful selection of tea leaves that you can brew. To be away from home and not have my responsibilities to think about allows me the introspective time that I thrive on and recharge.


2. I love yoga, especially restorative and slow flow yoga. With my health, I can't do any heavy cardio or high impact workouts. I have found that these types of yoga really work well for me. They help me stretch out muscles that get overly tight from my disease and help me keep moving during the week.

3. I also really enjoy making crafts, particularly jewelry. I have started taking some jewelry classes at Michaels, and it has been really fun learning some new techniques and spending time with my girls. To be able to create something with my hands brings such joy to my heart. This is one of the reasons that we thought of opening an ETSY shop. We almost have everything set up. Watch out for a Grand Opening really soon. Who knew there was so much to go into starting a crafting business online.





4. I adore reading. When I was a kid, I would spend hours sitting and reading during the summer. I don't have that kind of dedicated time anymore but still really love to read.

5. I also enjoy watching Netflix. I am so thankful we have it, particularly on the days when I am not feeling well and just unable to read or do much of anything. I enjoy being able to watch through all the seasons of a show and watch the story unfold and not have to wait week by week to find out what happens.

How do you de-stress/take care of yourself? I would love to hear from you.

Happy Blog-tember!


No comments:

Post a Comment

March '24 Potomac Beads Treasure Box Unboxing

Hi Friends, How are you? I hope well!! Here is my latest unboxing video for my potomac beads Treasure edition box subscription! Check it out...