My craziest adventure! Blog-tember challenge day 15

Today's challenge, I am to answer the question: What is the craziest adventure I have been on?

Honestly, I don't know if I have been on any "crazy" adventures. I guess it is in how you define the term "crazy".  How do you define crazy?

When I think crazy, I think of adventures all over the world seeing things you have never done or seen before. I have been abroad, but none of it would I consider crazy. My travels have mainly been some of your typical tourist things. One non-tourist activity I participated in was while I was on a missions trip to Mexico. On that trip, we taught our Mexican friends from the UNAM how to play capture the flag in a park outside Mexico City. This was a pretty crazy adventure. 

Another adventure that comes to mind is a spring trip. I used to work for my campus' (shout out to Bloomsburg University) outdoor company. We would take trips south for all kinds of adventures. These trips included, but were not limited to, white water rafting, canoeing, kayaking, rock climbing, night hikes and other outdoor adventures. 

On one of these Spring Break Trips, I was acting as a boat guide on the Chattooga River, I had a nasty spill out of my boat and sprained both of my wrists. Calling for an emergency room trip and all. The sprained wrists left me unable to paddle the rest of the trip. The next day, we headed down a river with class 4 and 5 rapids. I had to ride in the lead boat with my boss paddling our rig. If you don't know much about white water rafting, one thing to know is that the best way to stay in the boat is to keep paddling. I wasn't paddling because of my wrists, so I got as low in the boat as I could as not to fall out. Both my boss and I had done this rapid previously but the water level always changes how the river flows. This particular rapid, called Bulls Sluice, was one you had to hit it just right or you could get caught in the backlash of the rapid and continuously go around and around. In the video right where the people fall out of their raft is "decapitator rock"

We approached the rapid, and we were in the right line to go over, but something happened and we went over the wrong side of the ledge. This capsized our raft sending us swimming. Our friends weren't sure if I was ok because I didn't pop up again until further down the river. I thank the Lord that the rapid spat me back out, but it could have been a very dangerous situation. Needless to say, all the other boats followed after us and made it over with no complications. 

So to many this kind of trip would be considered a crazy trip. Tell us about your own crazy adventure!

Happy Blog-tember!
Www.lovebaileyjean.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

March '24 Potomac Beads Treasure Box Unboxing

Hi Friends, How are you? I hope well!! Here is my latest unboxing video for my potomac beads Treasure edition box subscription! Check it out...